Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Book Stack




I’ve been feeling a bit lackluster lately. The only thing I want to do is sit down and read seven books and not do anything until they’re all done. That being said, my goal of one chapter a day with editing/revising  probably resulted in this lusterless idea. At first it was going well…then I got into the later chapters that needed more work. I found myself just reading it and saying ‘well, it’s okay’ when it should’ve been worked on more. So I’m switching it to a scene a day…once I start to glistened in mood a bit more. 

                               

So to share my ‘seven books I want to read before doing anything.’ This picture was taken on Saturday, and I have since then read nearly 4 of them. So here they are…

Kokoro by  Natsume Soseki – I had my eye on this book for a while. This copy I bought, however, looks like a workbook. So I returned it and bought one that doesn’t remind me of work. 


The Vintage Tea Party Year by Angel Adoree – this was a gift and, on my, it looks wonderful inside. Every page looks like artfully illustrated or photographed. It looks like a fun read…I might save it for last. 

The Thing with Feathers… by Noah Strycker. I listened to a radio program where Strycaker was talking about his books. It was an interesting interview, and I’ve always had a fascination with birds. They have such pretty feathers and their unblinking eyes add a creepy half way taxidermy look to them.

Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World by Haruki Murakami. This is another one that’s been on my list for a while, though probably the one I’m most apprehensive to read. 

Last Watch by Sergei Lukyaneko. I finished this book and it’s a solid 4 out of 5. I suggest anyone reading this read the third book in the series, Twilight Watch, before getting into this one as they really tie in together.

 Secret Throns by Kikuko Kikuya. This Manga really lacked character development. The characters are the start were exactly the same at the end. So it made for a boring read.

Blue Morning vol. 2 by Shouko Hidaka – The second in a series. It did its job by making me want to read more! (I ended up adding vol. 3 when I ordered the new Kokoro)