Sunday, June 8, 2014

New Releases

I usually post these at the EGL site, but I figured why not cross post them here. So here I'll discuss some new releases of the brands I follow.

 

 Victorian Maiden has a new dress called 'Noble Lady.' It comes in three colors and has a bow on the back.

I really like the green color the others aren't really popping for me. Victorian Maiden always has such elegant and simple pieces. It's super cute, but without shirring I won't be able to fit.

Verdict: Want, but can't fit so a sad pass.
________________________________________________________________________________

 

Moi meme Moitie has a new print dress called 'Cross and Rose.' It comes in a JSk and OP.

I really adore the gothic-ness of Moitie. Their prints, however, are completely not my thing! Since I'm not Christian I feel awkward wearing crosses. (If you notice I even took off the cross from their M+Croix lace jsk) I do like the shape of the first piece.

Verdict: Pass

________________________________________________________________________________

 

Innocent World has an Interesting music and swan print called 'A Maiden's Prayer on a Starry Night.' It comes in two JSKs here and here and a skirt.

Sometimes I want to yell at Innocent World and remind them that they are a classic brand and don't do prints. (at least I don't think they should) This looks really garish for me, especially those huge yellow music notes. The swan bodice reminds me of the brand icon of Metamorphose, which is two swans facing each other with crowns on their heads.

Verdict: Pass (and adds to my head shaking for Innocent World)
________________________________________________________________________________

 



Atelier Pierrot has a new collection called 'Carnival' that comes with their usual bustle corset dress and a skirt.

I do love Atelier Pierrot. I think they might even be nearly half my closet, but they often repeat their corset dresses in style. This is another repeat with different fabric.  It reminds me of the circus too much, which with a name like Carnival it was meant to.

Verdict: Pass
________________________________________________________________________________

 


Baby the Stars Shine Bright has a super lacy OP and JSK called 'Rosa Mistica ~Mysterious Window of the Rose~'

I do look at the Baby... site, but rarely find things I like other than socks. This is another example of something I don't like. I'm sure the lace is gorgeous in person but in these stock photos it doesn't shine.

Verdict: Pass